Inter-Museum Print Exchange: Todmorden Mills
inPrint and First Story Toronto are currently seeking Indigenous youth aged 14 to 17 to participate in an Inter-Museum Print Exchange project happening at Todmorden Mills starting on August 12th. Workshops focus on the Indigenous history of the area around Todmorden Mills, starting with a tour lead by members of First Story.
Wyandot multi-media artist Catherine Tammaro and members of inPrint will be on hand as artist mentors that will work with youth to create print-based artwork inspired by the tour.
Registration for the workshops is free and participants must be able to attend most of the days.
- Saturday August 12th, 10:30am to 2:30pm (Rain date for the tour portion of project: Sunday, August 13th)
- Sunday August 20th, 10:30am to 2:30pm
- Sunday, August 27th, 10:30am to 2:30pm
- Saturday, September 9th, 10:30am to 2:30pm
Participants will receive:
- sketchbook and pencil set
- food and TTC fare provided throughout workshop series
- a certificate of mentorship from First Story Toronto
- $100 honorarium upon completion of the workshops
Up to 10 spots are available for this project. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org.